Comeunity Builder Grants
Comeunity Builder Grants have been made available by the Comeunity Programme to: "empower local people to have a greater voice and influence over local decision making and a greater role in public service delivery"?
We recognise that when local resident’s come together to make a change in their neighbourhood they often need some resources to enable them to do this.
Comeunity Builder grants of up to £1,000 are available for small community and voluntary groups who want to make a difference in South and Central Yarmouth.
The grants are appraised by a panel of local residents and are processed within six weeks.
Comeunity Builder grants are intended to support greater community activity in South/Central Yarmouth. Whilst all small community groups are welcome to apply for a grant and will be appraised against the criteria outlined in the information pack, the programme will welcome bids in the financial year 09/10 covering the following;
- Activities and events which promote community cohesion in South and Central Yarmouth and set firm groundings for different groups to work and learn together.
- The development of new groups, particularly those working with sections of the community who are often marginalised from getting involved in wider community activities.
- Projects with an environmental element which support a cleaner and greener South and Central Yarmouth.
- The development of community events and activities in the early evening to encourage local residents to enjoy the night-time environment and utilise facilities traditionally focused around the tourist industry.
- The sponsoring of individuals or groups to develop skills and knowledge around neighbourhood management, community development and other forms of community regeneration.
The Information Pack and Application Form are available for download below. Please select the appropriate format.
If you do not have Adobe Reader or MS Word installed on your computer go to Accessibility
|Market Roads Community Group||£2253||Feb 2007|
|Haven Group||£4280.56||Mar 2007|
|1st Great Yarmouth Scouts||£2771.14||Mar 2007|
|Sunshine Crew||£815||Jun 2007|
|Town Centre Music Festival||£5000||Jun 2007|
|Great Yarmouth International Association||£4010||Nov 2007|
|VIP User Group||£2102||Jan 2008|
|Positive Change Support Group||£1775.93||Mar 2008|
|Pegasus Skate Crew||£3879.00||March 2008|
|Middlegate Community Association||£940||March 2008|
|Sumnshine Crew||£2000||March 2009|
|Sea of Trees||£1810||March 2009|